Bios: Genesis 2nd edition
REPRINT ESTIMATED SHIPPING Q2, 2023, changes in dates may occur.
You start as an ingredient in the primordial soup and try to create life. Solitaire, competitive, and cooperative play options.
Designer: Phil Eklund
Artist: Karim Chakroun, Ron Miller
How to play?
Each turn an event card is flipped, and catastrophes are resolved from left to right, determining the climate, stripping cubes from organisms and refugia placards, and creating new landforms that can harbor life. Any organisms which lose all of their cubes go extinct. The Event cards also dictate turn order and which refugia and mutation card piles are active at that turn.
- oversized placards, for bacteria and refugia
- disks representing catalysts, enzymes, and antioxidants
- wooden cubes for manna & chromosomes
- wooden domes for bionts
- six-sided dice
- Rules and historical background
- Folding player aid
Game designer: Phil Eklund
- BIOS:Genesis in French (translator Cedric DUBOIS)
- BIOS:GENESIS FRENCH CARDS
- BIOS:GENESIS DEUTSCHE REGELN (translators Carla Hillebrand and Ingo Backert)
- BIOS:GENESIS ITALIAN RULES (translators Davide and Emanuele)
- BIOS:GENESIS 2 JAPANESE RULES (translator Masahiro Nakamura)
- BIOS:GENESIS POLISH RULES (translator Pawel Bedz)
- BIOS GENESIS SPANISH REGLAS (translator Manuel Suffo)
- BIOS GENESIS SPANISH EXAMPLE OF PLAY (translator Manuel Suffo)
- Play through Bios:Genesis part 1 by Gray Board Gamer
- Play through Bios:Genesis part 2 by Gray Board Gamer
- Bios: Genesis — game overview at SPIEL 2016 by BoardGameGeek
- Bios: Genesis - Brettspiel - Review by Hunter & Cron - Brettspiele
- Bios: Genesis - David Hanacek - Fox in the Box
- Bios: Genesis review by Darwin’s Game Night
- Bios: Genesis review by Space-Biff
- How to Play Bios: Genesis by Bits of Board
Board Game Geek about Bios:Genesis (1st Edition)