Pax Porfiriana 2nd collectors edition
How to play
How to play
How to play?
Each turn goes as follows:
Action Phase: Perform three actions, such as play new cards, get new cards from the market, speculate on cards in the market, purchase land, or redeploy troops.
Discard Headlines: Remove any Headlines (i.e. cards with the Bull-Bear icon) that have reached the leftmost position in the Market.
Restore Market: Restore the Market to twelve cards.
Income Phase: Collect one gold per Income, Extortion, and Connection Cube in play. If Depression, pay one gold for each card in play (includes Partners and Enterprises in your Row, and all of your Troops).
- Player cubes
Game designer: Phil Eklund
- German rules: PAX PORFIRIANA DEUTSCH REGELN
- French Illustrated Rules summary (translator Fabrice Dubois): PAX PORFIRIANA FRENCH ILLUSTRATED RULES SUMMARY
- Spanish Rules summary (translator José Sampedro): PAX PORFIRIANA SPANISH RULES SUMMARY
- About Pax Porfiriana by Ion Game Design
- How to Play Pax Porfiriana: Part 1 - with Peter Krause by The Dice Tower
- Review Pax Porfiriana by Ben Wickens by BoardGameGeek
- Pax Porfiriana review by Space-Biff
As a rich businessman (Hacendado) in the turbulent pre-revolutionary borderlands of the U.S. and Mexico, players compete to build business empires of ranches, mines, rails, troops, and banks while subverting opponents with bandidos, Indians, and lawsuits.
Game designer: Matt Eklund, Phil Eklund, Jim Gutt
Artist: Phil Eklund