Bios Megafauna Board Game [2nd edition]
How to play
How to play
How to play?
Starting as a phylum of either a plant, mollusk, insect, or vertebral skeletal type, from one to four players make a beachhead on one of the four drifting cratons in the Ordovician. From a founding archetype species, you will sire squawking, flapping, and paddling species, represented by different shaped figures. Shapes are important because, for instance, a flying shape can only be preyed upon by another flying shape. Disperse these creeples across the weedy, forested, swamp, and sea biomes of your craton, or even to raft to new cratons. Each shape is a species, and each species has its own tableau. Mutation cards and organ cubes in this tableau enable the creeples of that shape to win in contests with other herbivores or carnivores
- Craton punchboards
- Craton placards
- Wooden creeples
- Wooden cubes
Game designer: Phil Eklund
- DOWNLOADABLE RULES Bios Megafauna
- Bios: Megafauna 1
- Bios Megafauna on Tabletop Simulator
- Board Game Geek Bios Megafauna 2nd Edition
- Bios: Megafauna 3p Play-through, Teaching, & Roundtable discussion by Heavy Cardboard
- Bios: Megafauna 2 [GAME 1] Intro & ERA1 Turn 01 by Ronnie Tucker
- Bios: Megafauna — game preview at SPIEL '17 by BoardGameGeek
- Bios: Megafauna review Teaching Evolution Through Board Games by Darwin’s Game Night
- Bios: Megafauna review by Space-Biff
- How to Play Bios: Megafauna by Bits of Board
Expected reprint date not confirmed.
In this board game make first landfall half a billion years ago as a plant or an animal, then evolve on drifting continents in the face of natural selection and huge ecological events: Win by becoming the dominant herbivore or carnivore.
Game designer: Phil Eklund, Andrew Doull, Jon Manker
Artist: Karim Chakroun, Johanna Pettersson