Bios: Origins Board Game [2nd edition]
How to play
How to play
How to play?
One to four players represent the human subspecies extant at that time: Sapiens, Neanderthal, Denisovans, & Hobbits. Take them on an adventure to enlarge your brain, acquire language, discover new worlds, domesticate strange beasts (such as riding war kangaroos or mammoths), discover the wonders and terrors of religion, dive for pearls, challenge the gods, enslave rival hominins, and perhaps enter the Enlightenment. Although wars of conquest and religion are possible, most of the fighting will be internal. You have only limited control of over your ruling class, and if your priests are in control and do a poor job, they will get killed and usurped by merchants or warlords.
Win by specializing as a cultural, political, or industrial civilization. This means, unlike most civilization games, that a cult figure on a mountaintop in New Zealand can win over an Emperor that has swept the globe with his armies.
- Map board
- Punchout sheets
- Brain placards
- Species placards
- Elder pawns
- Migrant figures
- City cuboids
- Player aid
Game designer: Phil Eklund
Living rules and other files, administrated by respective game designer.
- Review on BGG by CampaignBoardGame
- Bios: Origins second edition - Unboxing and Overview by Heavy Cardboard
- Bios: Origins 4p Teaching & Play-through by Heavy Cardboard
- Bios: Origins 2nd ed game overview at Origins Game Fair 2019 by BoardGameGeek Express
- About Bios: Origins 2 by Ion Game Design
- Bios: Origins review by Space-Biff
- Bios: Origins French play through and review by Les Jeux de Chaps
- How to Play Bios: Origins by Bits of Board
- Top 10 Heavy Games discussion with Jess and Radho
- Review part 1 and part 2 by Freethemeeple
- Bios: Origins by Darwin’s Game Night
- Bios: Origins "Know thy selves while surviving" by Meeple Eksyen
- Review "Know thy selves while surviving" by Meeple Eksyen
- Board Game Geek Bios:Origins 2nd Edition
(Please be aware that changes in shipping dates may occur due to this crazy world we live in. We promise to do all we can to make this wonderful game available as fast as we possibly can!)
Represent an intelligent species developing technologies, economics, politics, and consciousness in Bios: Origins Second Edition.
Game designer: Phil Eklund, Jon Manker
Artist: Karim Chakroun, Johanna Petterson