Pax Renaissance Board Game (2nd Edition)
How to play
How to play
How to play?
Four victories determine the future course of Western Society: will it be towards imperialism, trade globalization, religious totalitarianism, or enlightened art and science?
In Pax Renaissance, you buy cards from an eastern and a western market where the price will be influenced by what other players do. Play cards to your tableau to take action and place pieces on the map, but also to build your banking business and assert influence over the royal houses and republics of Europe. Take trade actions, wage war, and initiate revolts and unrest. Fund pirates, start crusades, make money and collect prestige. When a comet card is drawn the future of Europe is about to be decided. Make sure your vision of the future prevails.
- Game Board
- Chess pieces
- Pirate ship pieces
- Busted trade route disk
Game designer: Phil Eklund
DOWNLOADABLE RULES Pax Renaissance 2nd Edition
Pax Renaissance 1st Edition Rules
Playtest Pax Renaissance on Tabeltop Simulator Steam
- Pax Renaissance 2nd edition on Boardgamegeek
- Pax Renaissance 2p Play-through, Teaching, & Roundtable discussion by Heavy Cardboard
- Pax Renaissance 4p Play-through, Teaching, & Roundtable discussion by Heavy Cardboard
- Pax Renaissance — game overview at SPIEL 2016 by BoardGameGeek
- Learning Pax Renaissance [How to Play] by Phasing Player
- Gaming the Lounge Durée - review by Cole Wehrle by BoardGameGeek
- Pax Renaissance - THE perfect 2-player game - review by Cyclodog by BoardGameGeek
- A Fine Line Between Abstraction and Theme - review by The Kingmaker
- Playthrough of Pax Renaissance by toasToaTs
- How to play Pax Renaissance (1st Edition) by Bits of Board
HOW TO PLAY: Pax Renaissance (Second Edition) by
- Phil Eklund and Jon Manker Unboxing of Pax Renaissance 2nd Edition
Pax Renaissance is a board game where you play as bankers in Europe, 1460-1530. As a Renaissance banker, you will finance kings or republics, sponsor voyages of discovery, join secret cabals, or unleash jihads and inquisitions. Your choices determine if Europe is elevated into the bright modern era or remains festering in dark feudalism. Become the most influential banker and pull the strings that decide Europe's future.
Game designer: Phil Eklund, Matt Eklund
Artist: Josefin Strand